Thursday 23 October 2014

Made In Dagenham - Adelphi Theatre

It’s always nice when something exceeds your expectations and Made In Dagenham did just that for me. The last few musicals I saw had me waning slightly by the second half but this time round I couldn’t wait to see the outcome of these feisty women and their insistent placards. The songs are funny (I could relate to ‘If you want something done ask a busy woman’). Stand out performance came from Sophie-Louise Dann with her solo for the character Barbara Castle. I also enjoyed the set which is imaginative, my favourite being Eddie O’Grady, played by Adrian der Gregorian, awaking from bed in the morning. With a great mixture of humour and sensitivities surrounding what was a victorious historical event, this show hits the nail on the head. Here’s hopping it doesn’t meet the same fate of several recent musicals that have had to close early.

Made In Dagenham can be seen @ the Adelphi Theatre until 28th March 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment